Having recently posted about Belga Cafe and their glorious frites, I figured it was time to acknowledge that proper mayonnaise is, well, ridiculously good. Admittedly, mayo used to fall into a wide category of food I wouldn’t touch. This “white and mushy” category ranged from yogurt to cottage cheese to *gasp* whipped cream. I was so young, so naive. So, in honor of growing up and realizing that the majority of these white and mushy things are in fact brilliant (sans cottage cheese) I present to you Salon’s “Eyewitness Cook” (i.e. Francis Lam) and his explanation and recipe for homemade mayo.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- What have I been cooking, eating, and drinking recently? January 26, 2012
- Pupatella in Arlington: Two Amys has Serious Competition on the Pizza Front January 16, 2012
- Dinner Tonight – Vegetarian Sloppy Joe’s October 17, 2011
- Dinner Recently: Vegetarian Clams Casino October 13, 2011
- Exploring Michael Ruhlman’s new cookbook October 10, 2011
- What are the most overrated sweets or desserts? May 27, 2010
- My top five foods consumed in (or outside) stadiums April 15, 2010
- Our latest eating adventure – Cantonese chicken feet April 14, 2010
- The Two Foodie Brothers Podcast discusses the Good, Bad, and the Ugly of Food Television July 15, 2011
- French Fries and….Mayo? April 28, 2010
- Daniel Stine: I'm an American expat living in Guangdong Province...
- Amy: Thank you for such an interesting and in-depth pos...
- Daniel Rosenstein: Chris is right. If you have an iPad or iPhone ther...
- What have I been cooking, eating, and drinking recently? | Two Foodie Brothers: [...] bread adventures - I’ve kept up bakin...
- Laura: I, too, discovered these last year. Delicious col...
If you want to see an archive of our podcasts, click the Podcasts tab at the top of the page.
The Two Foodie Brothers Podcast is now available on iTunes at this address.
If you want to subscribe to the Two Foodie Brothers Podcast, use this RSS link to insert it into your favorite podcast aggregator.
- Holy cow, this looks good. RT @jenisicecreams: Introducing the Rockmill Chocolate Blackout Terrine. jen.is/T0pdF8 6 months ago
- Thrilled to hear that my favorite Jersey Shore seafood joint, Spike's in Point Pleasant Beach, is re-opening after suffering Sandy damage. 6 months ago
- Interesting piece on how Dogfish Head's restaurants are badly ripping off some of their customers on beer. bit.ly/U3Y7vO 6 months ago
- I haven't tried a candy corn flavored Oreo yet, but there is no way that they are not gross. bit.ly/NzFu5l 8 months ago
- Thai Basil Stir Fry... successful. bit.ly/TlnjOJ 8 months ago
- With NY2 deal codified, the pressure grows on #MLS to deal with septic situations at Chivas USA, DC United, and the Revolution. 1 minute ago
- I do worry slightly about RBNY in all this. They have two choices. Dramatically up their game in the market or sell to someone who will. 6 minutes ago
- Very good point, but this team has to appeal to a generation of tri-state soccer "fan" poseurs. RT @cboehm: NYCSC would've been cool #ohwell 8 minutes ago
- I think this was necessary for #MLS to take its next steps. A US league needs a credible NYC presence. RBNY had its chance and still does.. 9 minutes ago
- Funny, most of the fretting about I see NYCFC's resources are coming from Cascadia. I guess the "big [vegan] cheeses" don't like competition 11 minutes ago